ShopStorm collects email addresses of people who send us email. We also collect information on what pages users access and information provided to us by users via surveys and site registrations. Such information may contain personal data about you including your address, phone numbers, etc. We are not allowed to disclose such personal information without your written permission. However, certain information collected from you and about you is used within the context of providing our services to you. The information we collect is not shared with, sold or rented to others except under certain circumstances and which your use of the Apps or services is deemed to provide to us a valid consent to disclose the following:
- ShopStorm may share personal information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of ShopStorm’s Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- ShopStorm employs other companies to perform tasks on our behalf and may need to share your information with them to provide products and services to you. ShopStorm may also share your information to provide products or services you’ve requested or when we have your permission.
- ShopStorm uses the information we collect for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
- As part of the buying and selling process on Shopify, you will obtain the email address and/or shipping address of your customers. By accepting our Terms of Service, you agree that, with respect to other users’ Personal Information that you obtain using a ShopStorm App through Shopify or through a Shopify-related communication or Shopify-facilitated transaction, ShopStorm hereby grants to you a license to use such information only for Shopify-related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages. ShopStorm and Shopify do not tolerate spam. Therefore, without limiting the foregoing, you are not licensed to add the name of someone who has purchased an item from you, to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent.
When you sign up for our apps, Shopify can provide personal information which we collect and use to improve our products and services. Sometimes using our app will lead to collection of customers’ personal data. Only use your Shopify customers’ information for Shopify-related communications, unless they give you permission otherwise. Don’t spam anyone!
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter Personal Information on our site, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us at email@example.com.
We will make every attempt possible to protect personal information. Because stuff happens, we can’t guarantee 100% security of your data. If you have questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ShopStorm may use third party service providers to provide certain services to you and we may share Personal Information with such service providers. We require any company with which we may share Personal Information to protect that data in a manner consistent with this policy and to limit the use of such Personal Information to the performance of Apps or services for ShopStorm.
- ShopStorm may disclose Personal Information under special circumstances, such as to comply with court orders requiring us to do so or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
- We do not sell or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information, like court orders, but we will never sell your information to third parties.
ShopStorm owns the data storage, databases, and all rights to ShopStorm applications; however we make no claim to the rights of your data. You retain all rights to your data and we will never contact your clients directly, or use your data for our own business advantage or to compete with you or market to your clients.
You own your data and we will respect that. We won’t try and compete with you or write to your customers.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Every computer that accesses our website is assigned a different cookie by us.
Google Analytics and Remarketing
We use a service provided by Google called Google Analytics (GA). GA permits us to reach people who have previously visited our site, and show them relevant advertisements when they visit other sites across the Internet in the Google Display Network. This is often called ‘remarketing’.
Cookies can be used to track your session on our website, to serve customized ads from Google and other third party vendors. When you visit this website, you may view advertisements posted on the site by Google or other third parties. Through first-party and third party cookies, these third parties may collect information about you while you are visiting this website and other websites. They may use this data to show you advertisements on this website and across the Internet based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet. We do not collect this information or control the content of the advertisements that you will see.
You may be able to opt out of customized Google Display Network ads by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager (http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/), and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (http://www.google.ca/ads/preferences/plugin/).
Your use of this website without opting out means that you understand and agree to data collection to provide you with remarketing ads using GA and cookies from other third party vendors based on your prior visits to this website and elsewhere on the Internet.
To identify you electronically, a cookie will be stored on your computer. We may have a “remarketing” tool running that allows us to take note of your visits to our site and show you relevant ads on our website and across the Internet. You can always opt out.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here or by means of a notice on our homepage so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
We may change this Privacy Statement. If it’s a substantial change, we will inform you right here.
Any questions about this policy should be sent to: info [at] shopstorm [dot] com