Free shipping is the top incentive for 9 out of 10 consumers to shop more on an online store, according to this Marketing Land article. In addition, almost half of online shoppers will add to their carts to qualify for free shipping. Free shipping tends to be one of the strongest drivers that affects customer behaviour.
With that in mind, we’re excited to announce our new Shipping Bar app for Shopify stores that can help you highlight free or flat-rate shipping so that you can boost your sales and grow your average order values.
Highlight free or flat-rate shipping: Shipping Bar by ShopStorm app
The app is easy to install and displays a responsive shipping bar on your store without the need to change any code in template files. You can create or choose from different shipping settings, change shipping bar content, and configure the style with live preview within the app. This can help you see exactly what the final bar would look like on your store.
To start, “Get” the app from the app store and install it on your store. Once installed, the app will display the various shipping settings on your store for easy reference.
You can modify any settings you want by quickly navigating to the settings page in your Shopify dashboard. Once you’ve configured all the right settings, you can start creating your shipping bar.
Highlight free or flat-rate shipping: Create and style a shipping bar
You can choose to create a shipping bar from scratch, or create from one of the Shipping Setting zone you already have. Let’s take a look at how to set up a shipping bar from scratch.
Once you click Create, you’ll be taken to the general settings screen where you can:
- Define the backend label for a shipping bar that customers won’t see
- Set the location at the Top or Bottom
- Toggle whether the shipping bar should be sticky i.e. stays at the location while scrolling
- Text to display on the bar, where you can use a shortcode to display a set minimum value
- Link to a page where customers can see more information by clicking on the shipping bar, and whether it opens in a new tab/window
- Minimum order amount before the shipping setting kicks in
- Currency, currency symbol, and whether the symbol should be displayed on the left or right of the amount
- Devices on which the shipping bar is displayed
- Whether you’d like to activate it right away or save it as a draft – draft is selected as default
Another neat aspect of the app is that you can see the changes to the shipping bar as a live preview above the settings as you update fields.
Once you’ve configured the information for the shipping bar, you can customize the style to align with your brand and colors under the Style tab.
Here you can pick:
- the font, and font size and color
- background bar colour
- the degree of padding around the text
- level of opacity of the shipping bar
Similar to the General tab, you will be able to preview the style changes as you make them. Once you’re done with the customizations you can activate the shipping bar or display on your store.
Highlight free or flat-rate shipping: Shipping bar based on settings
You can create a shipping bar based on existing shipping zones and settings on your store. Select the zone you want the bar for in the dropdown and the app pulls in data that has been set in the shipping settings.
The difference in selecting a zone and starting from scratch is that some of the information is pre-populated in the General tab. You can modify the information as needed and add information for outstanding fields.
Once you’re done with the information and style changes, you can save the shipping bar as a draft or activate it for your store.
You can see all your shipping bars in the app. Here you can edit, delete, or activate them as needed.
Highlight free or flat-rate shipping: Display shipping bar
Once you activate a shipping bar, it will be displayed on your store.
At a time, only one shipping bar can be active on your store. When you activate the shipping bar you want, any existing active bars are automatically deactivated. Visit the demo store to see the app in action.
Highlight free or flat-rate shipping: Summary
With the new Shipping Bar app by ShopStorm, you can easily create a notification bar to highlight free or flat-rate shipping for your store. You can display the bar at the top or bottom of your store pages, and customize the content and styles with live previews within the app. This helps to quickly see what the final shipping bar would look like on your store.
If you provide free or flat-rate shipping, you may be losing out on potential sales by not highlighting these. Get the Shipping Bar app to capture these sales for your store.
Latest posts by Jai Sangha (see all)
- 3 Tips to Improve Your Shopify Store SEO - March 23, 2017
- March App of the Month: Show Instagram Feed on Shopify - March 15, 2017
- Highlight Free or Flat-Rate Shipping with the New Shipping Bar App to Boost Sales - February 23, 2017